Making the Case Conference 2013 - Issues Etc.
1. Pastor Todd Wilken, Host of Issues Etc., Making the Case for Confessional Christianity, 2013-June-14 (mp3, 57:21, 23.2 MB, 2015-May-08)
2. Pr. Will Weedon, Director of Worship for the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, Making the Case for Classical Christian Worship, 2013-June-15 (mp3, 57:19, 23.1 MB, 2015-May-08)
3. Dr. Alvin Schmidt, Illinois College, Making the Case Against Islam, 2013-June-15 (mp3, 57:20, 23.1 MB, 2015-May-07)
4. Dr. Rod Rosenbladt, "The White Horse Inn," Making the Case against Pietism, 2013-June-15 (mp3, 57:19, 23.1 MB, 2015-May-04)
5. Pastor Chris Rosebrough, Fighting for the Faith, Making the Case against Post-Modernism in the Church, 2013-June-15 (mp3, 1:19:11, 31.9 MB, 2015-May-06)
6. Suzanne Venker, Making the Secular Case Against Feminism, 2013-June-15 (mp3, 57:20, 23.2MB, 2015-May-25)
7. Dr. Rod Rosenbladt, "The White Horse Inn," Making the Case for Christ Alone, 2013-June-15 (mp3, 57:20, 23.1 MB, 2015-May-05)
Voters To Amend Bylaws with Marriage Policy
At its meeting of March 15, 2015, the Voters Assembly carried a motion to begin the process of adopting a new Bylaw on Marriage. This is the one recommended by the LCMS:
The marriage policy of Christ Lutheran Church, a member congregation of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, is and always has been consistent with the Synod’s beliefs on marriage. We believe that marriage is a sacred union of one man and one woman (Gen. 2:24-25), and that God gave marriage as a picture of the relationship between Christ and His bride the Church (Eph. 5:32). The official position of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, as set forth in 1998 Res. 3-21 (“To Affirm the Sanctity of Marriage and to Reject Same-Sex Unions”), is that homosexual unions come under categorical prohibition in the Old and New Testaments (Lev. 18:22, 24; 20:13; 1 Cor. 6:9-10; 1 Tim. 1:9-10) as contrary to the Creator’s design (Rom. 1:26-27). These positions and beliefs can be found on the LCMS website, along with other statements, papers and reports on the subject of homosexuality and same-sex civil unions and “marriage.” Our pastors will not officiate over any marriages inconsistent with these beliefs, and our church property may not be used for any marriage ceremony, reception or other activity that would be inconsistent with our beliefs and this policy.
Sermon Preparation - Dr Carl Fickenscher - DELTO
If your preacher isn't following these steps in sermon prep, you are being short-changed.
Dr. Carl Fickenscher, Concordia Theological Seminary, Ft. Wayne, explains sermon prep to those preparing to preach. (These are 11 parts of a larger homiletics series.)
Sermon Preparation - Introduction:
Sermon Preparation - System of Exegesis:
Sermon Preparation - Biblical Context of a Passage:
Sermon Preparation - Isogogical Importance:
Sermon Preparation - Sources of Isogogical Information:
Sermon Preparation - Breaking Down the Text's Verses:
Sermon Preparation - Approaching the Language of the Text:
Sermon Preparation - Exegesis with Little or No Greek:
Sermon Preparation - The Writings of Others:
Sermon Preparation - Six Steps of Preparation:
Sermon Preparation - Time Frame of the Six Steps:
4801 E. 6th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57110
Christ Lutheran Church is a member of the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod.
Christ Lutheran: Member of Issues, Etc. 300
UPDATE: The Voters Assembly, at its regular meeting of Dec. 21, 2014, adopted its 2015 budget, and voted to continue as a member of the Issues, Etc. 300, for the 5th year.
The Voters Assembly at its regular meeting of January 9, 2011, adopted its 2011 budget. As part of its Missions budget is a line item for Issues, Etc. (via Lutheran Public Radio) and has become a member of the Issues, Etc. 300.
Divine Service & Bible Class Times
9:30 am Divine Service with Lord's Supper (The Lord's Supper is celebrated every Lord's Day and Festival Service)
10:45 am Sunday School & Bible Classes
5:00 pm Sunday Service (without the Supper)
Advent and Lenten services: Wednesday, 7:00 pm
Note: Services on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day are held at 9:30 am.
Recorded sermons can be heard here.